Cardioversionby Jim

4 Feb 2020
10:02 am

They just took her back to the OR where they’ll be doing the procedure. They will do a transesophageal echocardiogram to check for blood clots before doing the cardioversion (that’s standard procedure before shocking you out of arrhythmia). If they don’t find anything, they’ll move forward and see if they can stop the arrhythmias. The whole process shouldn’t take very long, so I should be able to post again soon with any update.

We’re hoping and praying that this cardioversion will be enough to get her out and that the amiodarone will be enough to keep her out of arrhythmias. If that’s the case, we should be able to go home tonight. If they can’t get her out, they plan to transition her back to her previous anti-arrhythmia drug. That transition has to be done under observation over 48-72 hours. I don’t know if they can start that immediately, or if they have to wait for the amiodarone to get out of her system.

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.